SecureKnowledge Club

Valeri Loukine
Understanding how a particular connection is matched through your security policy is vital. There is now a tool for that, Check Point Packet Injector.   This utility is executed on the Security Gateway, simulating packets arriving from the sender on their way to the target host. After the packets are sent, Packet Injector listens for response… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
Some month ago we have described Check Point's new tool for automated deployment: Blink - Gaia Fast Deployment Tool.   Today we want to present you SecureKnowledge article for it: sk120193. All you need to know to start working with the tool is mentioned in the article: requirements, use cases, supported software versions, configuration details… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
This week we feature the article Best Practices - HTTPS Inspection .    The topic is rather hot these days, as need to secure and control both inbound and outbound HTTPS encrypted traffic is growing fast. The article explains different modes of deployment, creation and use of SSL certificates, and an inspection rulebase. It lays out specific… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Victor MR
Usually during training events we talk about useful resources and tools, including several SecureKnowledge solutions. There are several of them that I could print and put in my nightstand.   I will start with my top. sk97638: Check Point Processes and DaemonsList of the processes and daemons, what they do, where are their logs, how to stop-start… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Dameon Welch-Abernathy
In case you get this error when trying to run a portable version of SmartConsole like I was doing this morning in Windows 10:     The answer is pretty simple. Before uncompressing the ZIP file, right-click on the zip file and "unblock" it before unzipping.     Then, when you unzip the file and run SmartConsole.exe, it should work.   Source… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Ronen Zel
The new September 2018 SET Newsletter is now released. Have a look: Security Expert Technical Newsletter (SET September 2018)    If you are still not registered to receive our SET Newsletter, visit our SET Newsletter web page for instructions how to subscribe.
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
The article of the week is ATRG: Threat Extraction.    It describes everything you need to know about Threat Extraction with Check Point: Need for Threat Extraction and its concept Its place within Threat Prevention capabilities of Check Point Supported implementation modes, configurations and requirements Config files and CLI commands… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
The article of the week is HTTPS Inspection FAQ    It consolidates 24 questions and answers, such as:   Which software blades support HTTPS Inspection? Which operating systems support HTTPS Inspection? Are there legal implications to enabling HTTPS Inspection in my organization? How can I make PCs trust the gateway's CA certificate? Can I… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Dameon Welch-Abernathy
Starting with R80.10 you can use the all new Cipher Configuration Tool (CCT) to control ciphers.   To enable the tool in Expert mode, do the following:   Create a new file named vpn_cipher_priority.conf  in $CPDIR/conf Edit the vpn_cipher_priority.conf file to look like this:   4. Enable CCT by editing the registry key: # ckp_regedit -a… (Show more)
Valeri Loukine
Security Gateway performance optimization is arguably one of the toughest challenges today. To deal with it, one needs to understand lots of moving bits and pieces related to technologies in questions, security features in use, system limitations and bottlenecks.    Fortunately, SecureKnowledge authors made a tremendous job in writing down… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
Virtual Data Center and Cloud Security is the hottest and also one of the most challenging subjects today.    CloudGuard Aggregation Article sk132552 helps you to understand the solution, design, build up and run security systems protecting your virtualized assets on various deployment platforms for public and private cloud: AWS, Azure, Google… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Valeri Loukine
Content Awareness is one of the new features of R80.10. Using Content Awareness blade as part of Firewall policy allows the administrator to enforce the Security Policy based on the content of the traffic by identifying files and its content.      If you are interested to take a peak under the hood of this feature, here is ATRG: Content… (Show more)
in SecureKnowledge
Load more items