Recent Posts

7 updates since last visit
Evgeniy Olkov
Click to view contentHi there. Today I saw the new version of Appliance Sizing Tool:   I was very surprised. I think this is really bad update. Now I can not specify the amount of users and bandwidth at the same time. And the worst thing - now I can not see the actual load of recommended gateways.   What do you think?
in General Product Topics
Dario Ferroni
Hello community, Some month ago we migrated our Security Management Servers and the dedicated Log Server from two R77.30 VMs to two R80.10 Smart-1s 3150, defining the second Smart-1 as Secondary-Standby Security Management Server & Primary Log Server. Only now, we noted that actually the Primary Active is defined as Check Point Host Object,… (Show more)
in Management
Dameon Welch-Abernathy
These videos were recorded originally for our partners by Jim Oqvist, but CheckMates members can now access this exclusive content!  Introduction Duration R80 Management Training Introduction Please note that Ravello blueprints have been discontinued and are no longer available. Most of the labs can be done with the Cloud Demo Mode in…
in Management
Alexander Bauer
Click to view contentHi together Where can I find a Overview with explanation about all the Object and Objects Categories ? As Example Network and or Networkgroup is clear, but was is. And or as well about the Service Group and or Protocol ? What is the different of the Service as Example     Best regards Alexander
in Management
Anna Ushakova
After an appliance reboot, checkpoint has stopped receiving Push Notifications in the Capsule workspace. What can be the problem? As well I restarted the blade. OS Gaia R77.30
in Management
Tom Coussement
I know the inspection points "i", "I", "o" & "O" Now I see for example eth2:e and eth2:E in fw monitor output Is this voor incomming and outgoing encrypted traffic? Can't find it in documentation...
Moti Sagey
Click to view contentJust had a fun geeky conversation with Dameon Welch Abernathy (AKA Phoneboy) Jony Fischbein , Jeff Schwartz and Michael Poublon (over 100 accumulated years of experience in Check Point products) , on what are our favorite & most useful commands in a Check Point environment. Below are my 3 , plz add yours in the comments (we will do a poll for the… (Show more)
Bob Delinsky
I have a client that is moving away from a managed service provider that manages two of their gateway clusters (R77.30) via Multi Domain(Provider-1). The client wishes to build an internal SMS and manage the gateways themselves going forward. I am having trouble finding a Check Point SK for exporting CMA's from Multi-domain and importing into a… (Show more)
Abhishek Kumar
Hi All -   I have a management server which is running with R77.30 Gaia. hardware is Smart-1 appliance, there are lots of objects which is not in used. due to high no of objects performance is very low. can you help me to find unused objects?   Regards Abhishek
in Management
a85e246b-c9e5-45b5-b86e-a00e392e57ca
Hi Guys, I would like to seek for your expertise to check if my cluster have formed. I am a bit confused and no idea why in my Smart-1, cluster is showing an error but based on CLI, I can say that my 2x CP gateways is acting master and non-master meaning cluster is formed right? But some information is showing that it is down or lost of sync is… (Show more)
Heiko Ankenbrand
Click to view contentSMT (Hyper Threading) Hyper Threading Technology is a form of Simultaneous Multithreading Technology (SMT) introduced by Intel. Architecturally, a processor with Hyper-Threading technology consists of two logical processors per core, each of which has its own processor architectural state.Each logical processor can be individually halted,…
Heiko Ankenbrand
Click to view contentWhat is CPPCAP? TCPDUMP is a Linux tool which at times is not suitable for use with Gaia. Running TCPDUMP causes a significant increase in CPU usage and as a result impact the performance of the device. Even while filtering by specific interface or port still high CPU occurs. Check Point created a tool which works better with Gaia OS.  …
Load more items