cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumardip_Dutta
Explorer
Jump to solution

Urgent Requirement

Hi checkmates.....Can anyone help me in doing checkpoint automation script with R77 lab setup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

One of the advantages of R80+ is the significantly improved automation capabilities.

It's not to say that it can't be done under R77.x, but:

• There are no REST APIs in R77.x, which most modern automation tools prefer
  • Only one user can be logged in at a time, which can be problematic for environments where automation and humans must co-exist
  • Some operations are cumbersome to try and automate with the tools available in R77.x

The primary tool you will use in R77.x is dbedit, documented here: Command Line Interface R77 

strongly encourage you to build a lab with R80.10 as it is will be significantly easier to do and will provide a much more satisfying result.

R80.10 can manage gateways going back to R75.20.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

One of the advantages of R80+ is the significantly improved automation capabilities.

It's not to say that it can't be done under R77.x, but:

• There are no REST APIs in R77.x, which most modern automation tools prefer
  • Only one user can be logged in at a time, which can be problematic for environments where automation and humans must co-exist
  • Some operations are cumbersome to try and automate with the tools available in R77.x

The primary tool you will use in R77.x is dbedit, documented here: Command Line Interface R77 

strongly encourage you to build a lab with R80.10 as it is will be significantly easier to do and will provide a much more satisfying result.

R80.10 can manage gateways going back to R75.20.

Kumardip_Dutta
Explorer

Also it would be help if you help me in guiding which API tool i will download and use for the reference purpose with R80.10 and is it free or paid?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80.10 has a REST API, which many free and commercial frameworks use.

I recommend looking around in Developers (Code Hub)‌ which has lots of sample code.

The documentation on the R80.10 Management API is here: Check Point - Management API reference 

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

My advice: Download the R80.10 ISO and install a lab server. It runs for 15 days without even having to bother to get a demo license.

That way you can quickly test to see if you get the API working in your environment.

And there is plenty of code samples to help your development.

But the trick is that you have to dive into the matter and toy with it to find what suits your environment. If time is lacking I suggest you find a party that will do the playing and you do the paying 😉

There is no substitute for experience. It simply takes time, effort and determination.

But there is a lot of gold in there that you need to dig out. Enjoy and have fun.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Kumardip_Dutta
Explorer

I m trying to install ISO checkpoint open sever file 3.2 gb but getting the

below error any solution

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 at 1:13 PM, Hugo van der Kooij <

0 Kudos
Victor_MR
Employee Employee
Employee

Where are you trying to install the ISO? I mean, is it a Dell open server? If so, have you checked the hardware compatibility list? (May be an issue with drivers)

https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/hcl/ 

Most of the times I prefer to use virtual machines which are easier to install and restore from a snapshot if needed. If this is the case, then the hardware is not the issue of course.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events