cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_McLoughlin
Participant
Jump to solution

JHA SmartConsole Build 001

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but my gateway and management appliances have had a Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator SmartConsole Build 001 update ready since July 24th.  What is this and is it something that should be applied to them?  If it's not recommended or needed how to I stop the Firewall management from telling me 1 update available?  In GAiA I only have the option to Install Update or Download.

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can download the SmartConsole app from the Gaia WebUI from either management or gateways.

This just ensures that when you do that, the latest version will be offered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is primarily to fix bugs in SmartConsole and it is a recommended install.

Build 5 was pushed today.

More details here: R80.10 SmartConsole Releases 

0 Kudos
Rob_McLoughlin
Participant

I guess this is my ignorance but as far as I knew SmartConsole is the client piece.  Why is it trying to install it on my Management and Gateway appliances?  I figure it's so you can download the Client from the Management appliance but not really sure why it would want to put it also on the Gateways.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can download the SmartConsole app from the Gaia WebUI from either management or gateways.

This just ensures that when you do that, the latest version will be offered.

0 Kudos
Rob_McLoughlin
Participant

It's a worthless required install to me on my gateways.  Wish I could tell it to stop trying to push that update.  I'm fine installing it on the management but I think it's silly to require that I install it EVERYWHERE just to get it to shut up.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's a fair comment.

Hopefully it's something we can address in a future release.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

It seems to me the logic is not working too well or just rather differently from what I expect.

In SmartConsole:

Smart Console : 1 update available

However that update is ....

CPUSE screenshot

Not exactly what I would expect here. After all Build 005 should be the latest and greatest at that moment.

So My suggestion:

1. Ignore SmartConsole if no management feature is present.
  2. Make sure it does not bother about older versions and be consistent with the build numbers.

Part of the issue might be the slightly less logical names for the various builds.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events