Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robben_Aerts
Explorer

Study Guide CCSE R80.10

The study guide for the R80.10 CCSE certification (165.315.80) is still referring to the R77.30 version. When will the guide on the website be updated for the new version?

The link I'm referring to is this one: https://store.checkpoint.com/training-certification/#/courses/Check-Point-Certified-Expert-(CCSE)-R8...

And then below under get ready for the exam: 

19 Replies
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The study guide is on my to-do list among many other things Smiley Happy 

I hope to release it as soon as I can.

In the meantime, please use this document to get an idea of what will be on the certification exam:

R80.10 CCSE Course Overview

Thanks,

Jason

Miroslaw_Kozmic
Participant

Hi Jason,

Is there an ETA for the CCSE Study Guide already? Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Miroslaw

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Not yet. Smiley Sad  When I have an ETA I will post to this forum.

Thanks,

Tug

Keneth_Gitonga
Explorer

Hello Tug

Any insights on this? No CCSE R80 Study guide as yet?

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Sorry-still not yet.

Thanks,

Tug

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Hi Jason,

I know it hasn't been long since you got the last bump on this but is there any news on this one, and while I have your attention 🙂 , is there a new CCSM study guide for the R80.10 (now v2) exam?

I have this one already (from Check Mates but is the same link from the Training and Certs. page):

R80-CCSMStudyGuide.pdf 

BTW. The CCSM on the public certs page (Certifications tab) is still showing CCSM R77.30.

Training & Certification | Check Point Software 

Regards,

Don

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Nothing to report Don.

Additionally, the CCSM Study guide has not been changed.

Please email me regarding: The CCSM on the public certs page (Certifications tab) is still showing CCSM R77.30.

I don't follow and want to fix this if I can.

Thanks,

Tug

Richie_Naraine
Explorer

Hello Jason,

Any update on the CCSE study guide?

Thanks

Richie

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Sorry, Jason Tugwell, after almost one year of "In my to do list", I have to remove "Correct Answer" tag from your comment. Don't you think it is now time to provide some other answer, say, with links to the guide? 🙂

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

On my list, does not imply at the top of my list Smiley Happy

All, please remember, the study guide is not and has never been provided as a sole means to study.  The guide is a course overview with a list of a few questions from the exam (no answers).  It is meant to encourage you to look over the course documentation to review for studying.

Nevertheless, it is something that I will put together, but I have other pressing projects at this time that are further up on the list.  

Thanks,

Tug

Silesio
Contributor

Hello @Jason_Tugwell 

Is there any update on this matter? (2 years later...)

Regards,

Silésio C.

Collaborator

Hello @Jason_Tugwell ,

It has been some time, since your last response and I was wondering if there is a CCSE Study Guide somewhere around? Or at least some information on what topics are covered on the exam?

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vira_ghale
Participant

Hello Jason, 

Any updates o I have CCSE study guide 

0 Kudos
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

Hello all,

Any updates about CCSE R80 study guide?

Jason, please, send us a good news.

0 Kudos
Max_Baumgarten
Contributor

Any updates with the CCSE Study guide?

0 Kudos
paloaltofan
Participant

Sadly, I am here looking for non-existent study guide 2 days prior to my scheduled exam. I found the CCSA study guide very helpful in preparing for it, however CCSE study information seems to be a unicorn.
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

There isn't much available as far as CCSE study materials, but try these older CCSA links:

http://www.checkpoint.com/download/d...StudyGuide.pdf

http://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/...tudy-guide.pdf

The former is definitely for version R77 while the latter is the R76 one; however the changes between the Check Point Security Administrator R76 and R77 versions of the class were mostly cosmetic. Also the R75 CCSA practice exam is here:

http://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/...ctice-exam.zip

The last published CCSE Study guide I am aware of was for version R70/R71, and as such will not be of much use to you.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

its hilarious, after two years, still nothing 😄 regarding CCSE study guide or any materials how to prepare, very disappointing but I am getting used to it ...

0 Kudos
Meshack
Explorer

Download the course overview and use google and YouTube to research and study the topics one after the other till you've covered all topics otherwise, you'll wait forever for the study guide unless you have the money to register for online classes which are very expensive.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events