Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor
Jump to solution

How to define time of Scheduled GW Report in SMP

Hey guys,

I scheduled some weekly Gateway Reports in SMP but I can't find where I can define the time or at least the day when it is sent. I am receiving each report in a different day and time. Some arrive at 11PM on a tuesday, others at 9AM on tuesday.

Where can I define the day of the way the reports are generated?

PS: I found the place to schedule SMP Domain statistics reports, but not Gateway reports.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pedro,

AFAIK, currently we can not specify the exact time the scheduled reports are sent from the SMP.
When the gateway is initially connected to the SMP (with an plan to send periodic reports),
an random time is configured on the device, which explains the reports are sent on different times depending on the gateway.

You can check the time the report is sent by the following command in expert mode:

expert# fw sched_print

Now, check the latest ouputs in $FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg  and you should get something like this:

e.g: # tail -f -n 100 $FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg

$FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg 
In this plan, I configured to send weekly and monthly reports, hence we will see "Weekly status reports" and "Monthly status reports" which tells us the timestamp of when the report will be sent. (the time should be the same regardless of the period)

and.. it looks like once the timestamp is initially configured, it keeps the timestamp in the internal DB (even survives reboot and FW upgrade!!)

I think we have submitted an RFE to add a function to specify the exact time the reports are sent, but it looks like there are some limitations in current R77.20 firmware/SMP that this can not be done so easily. Looking forward to enhancements in the future coming R80.20 for embedded and SMP though Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pedro,

AFAIK, currently we can not specify the exact time the scheduled reports are sent from the SMP.
When the gateway is initially connected to the SMP (with an plan to send periodic reports),
an random time is configured on the device, which explains the reports are sent on different times depending on the gateway.

You can check the time the report is sent by the following command in expert mode:

expert# fw sched_print

Now, check the latest ouputs in $FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg  and you should get something like this:

e.g: # tail -f -n 100 $FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg

$FWDIR/log/sfwd.elg 
In this plan, I configured to send weekly and monthly reports, hence we will see "Weekly status reports" and "Monthly status reports" which tells us the timestamp of when the report will be sent. (the time should be the same regardless of the period)

and.. it looks like once the timestamp is initially configured, it keeps the timestamp in the internal DB (even survives reboot and FW upgrade!!)

I think we have submitted an RFE to add a function to specify the exact time the reports are sent, but it looks like there are some limitations in current R77.20 firmware/SMP that this can not be done so easily. Looking forward to enhancements in the future coming R80.20 for embedded and SMP though Smiley Happy

Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Thank you very much, Tom!

It seems those reports in the middle of the week were some outliers. Probably result of failed reports that finally got sent after I messed with the mail configs.

I checked with the command fw sched_print and it seems all weekly reports are scheduled for monday and monthly reports are scheduled for the 1st.

That is good enough for me, there is no need to configure an exact time, just an exact day.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events