Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor
Jump to solution

How to show the hits and comments columns in R80.10 rulebase

The "hits" and "comments" columns used to be visible by default. After installing SmartConsole they disappeared. How do I bring them back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

The new design of R80 SmartConsole has reduced the screen real estate for the many columns in the security policies. Therefore, Hits and Comments columns are now hidden by default.

You can easily bring them back by right-clicking the column names and selecting them:

Your display settings get saved on your local computer. So between shutdowns of SmartConsole you will see the same columns in the same positions that you left them.

Please notice though that these settings are saved separately per policy. 

Another change is the Summary pane in R80 SmartConsole. The summary pane shows the name, hits, comments of each rule as well as 3 custom fields which you can change their titles, to provide extra information for each rule. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

The new design of R80 SmartConsole has reduced the screen real estate for the many columns in the security policies. Therefore, Hits and Comments columns are now hidden by default.

You can easily bring them back by right-clicking the column names and selecting them:

Your display settings get saved on your local computer. So between shutdowns of SmartConsole you will see the same columns in the same positions that you left them.

Please notice though that these settings are saved separately per policy. 

Another change is the Summary pane in R80 SmartConsole. The summary pane shows the name, hits, comments of each rule as well as 3 custom fields which you can change their titles, to provide extra information for each rule. 

Sven_Glock
Advisor

Rightclick on the headline will give you a context menu where you can select/disselect specific columns.
Hitcount and comment are not activated by default.

Problem: You have to change it in every single policy package and once you have to install a new smart console all changes are gone, because these changes are stored on client side.

Does someone know if there is a possibility to change the column settings default in smartconsoles access control policy?

0 Kudos
Sven_Glock
Advisor

Sorry Tomer, I did not expect that your initial question was an introduction.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

yeah i figured it will SEO it better... I will use the "assumed answered" button the next time

Farid
Explorer

Hello All,

I have a question about R81.10 smart console .When I have added comments associated with a specific rule  in the the customs fields of the R81.10 summary pane . After publish and install the particular policy ,the added comments in the customs fields setting for that particular rule is showing in all rules of the  whole policies in that domain , which should not be  .I am wondering why this happening if any thing added in custom fields setting it should reflect for that particular rule not for whole policy.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

Could it be that the preview pane at the bottom (Summary tab) is not refreshing, or do you see the issue in the actual rulebase?

Would it be possible to send a screenshot? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Farid
Explorer

Good Morning ,

Thank you for quick response, I discussed with my diamond support Engineers and they are investing on this.

Best Regards,

Farid Hashmi

0 Kudos
Farid
Explorer

Good Morning ,

Thank you for quick response, I discussed with my diamond support Engineers and they are investigating about  this.

Best Regards,

Farid Hashmi

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events