Welcome to "This Week in CheckMates," your weekly highlight reel for all things CheckMates!
Past and future posts will be available here:
To have these updates show up in your preferred RSS reader add the following URL: About CheckMates RSS Feed
See also our social media accounts and our podcast (RSS Feed):
CheckMates in Your Language!
While most of the content on CheckMates is in English, we now have a few groups where both content and discussions are available in other languages!
CheckMates Champions in Israel
We brought CheckMates Members and Contributors of the Year winners to our headquarters in Tel Aviv to collaborate, meet with Check Point R&D, and of course show them the beautiful county of Israel!
It was a pleasure to host you Heiko Ankenbrand, Timothy Hall, Vladimir Yakovlev, and Danny Jung!
And yes, this included a meeting with Gil and Dorit, who autographed a couple of items for Danny and Heiko!
Heiko Ankenbrand even made a little video about the experience: Thanks for Checkmates Winners Event
Meanwhile, conversations continued, despite an issue that prevented some of you from logging in during the week.
Here are the highlights:
This is definitely much easier in R80.10+ gateways where you can use the "Internet" object.
Not natively supported, but it is possible to get working via RADIUS.
Did you know we've had this tool for more than a year now?
That...is the question.
Defines how severity, performance and confidence levels are assigned to new protections across various threat prevention blades.
One of the sessions we had this week in Tel Aviv was the new acceleration architecture in R80.20, primarily in place to support the upcoming Falcon Accelerator cards (among other things).
Basics on the Infinity Architecture.
Works a bit different i public clouds, but it can be done.
You'll see a few new things when you start looking around in fw monitor and SecureXL.
Postman is a great tool for learning how to use the API, and now you can use it with the SandBlast API!
Between Valeri Loukine and I, we'll be busy in the next several weeks!
- 16th October 2018: CheckMates comes to Raleigh, NC!
- 17th October 2018: CheckMates comes to Charlotte, NC!
- 18th October 2018: CheckMates comes to Columbia, SC!
- 24th October 2018: Migrate to R80.20, Live in Moscow!
- 24th October 2018: TechTalk: CloudGuard for AWS - Security Transit VPC Demonstration
- 25th October 2018: Migrate to R80.20, Live in Bellevue, WA!
- 30th October 2018: Check Point R80.20 Updates, Troubleshooting and Support Best Practices, Live in Hellerup!
- 1 November 2018: Check Point R80.20 Updates, Troubleshooting and Support Best Practices, Live in Skanderborg!
- 13th November 2018: Migrate to R80.20, Live in Prague!
- 20th November 2018: Migrate to R80.20 Live in Frankfurt!
- 22nd November 2018: Migrate to R80.20 Live in Athens!